Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Letter to Professor Cline.

October 12, 2010

Professor Cline
English Dept.
Yavapai College
Prescott, AZ 86301

Dear Professor Cline:

My biggest challenge in this class was setting up my blog. For whatever reason, setting up the blog was really difficult for me. I still don’t know how to post my picture in the little box (where you follow other blogs). My biggest challenge now is to comprehend how to write an analysis, I don’t quite understand it one hundred percent. I think my biggest success so far was writing the Summary vs. Analysis Paper.
I really have enjoyed reading, The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien. I especially enjoyed the story, Sweetheart of the Song Tra Bong. I’ve always had a real interest in Vietnam. The Sean Huze play was o.k. It’s a lot easier to write about something that you enjoy reading. There is nothing worse than having to write about something that doesn’t interest me. Most of the poems that we had read didn’t catch my interest in the least, so it was really hard to write about them, and then I didn’t produce a good paper.
Literary analysis is quite different from what I’m used to. In my previous English Classes, and Critical Thinking Class, I was given a list of subjects to write about, or given the freedom to choose my own subject to write about. Last semester in English 101, I had to write essays on evaluation, observation, position, and reflection. Surprisingly I did really well in my previous writing classes.
My goal for the second half of this semester is to perfect my writing skills, and to fully understand how to write an analysis essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment